Over the Summer many students have a lot of free time to try different activities: swimming, soccer, new languages…and especial music! This Summer our school was busier than ever before with so many students learning new music, practicing for RCM exams, and even trying new instruments! What a fun way to spend the Summer! We hope everyone has enjoyed enriching their break with music.
• Fun and Motivating – Summer is the perfect time to breakfrom the routing and help the student learn music of theirchoice whether it be a song they heard on the radio or a challenging classical piece.
• Greater Focus – Without the worries of homework, sportsgames and practices, and other school-time activities, thestudents can devote time and attention to their summermusic lessons and practice. Better focus leads to betterpractice!
• Time for Something New – Many of our students show interest in learning an additional instrument during the school year. Summer is the best time to try out a new instrument.
• No Backtracking – When students take a full summer break from their instruments,it only means one thing – time to backtrack in the Fall! Everyone knows that saying,“If you don’t use it, you lose it.” This is true in all disciplines including learning how to play an instrument. Instead of backing tracking for the first month or two in the Fall, our students use their summer music lessons to keep making progress.
Summer Referral Contest Winner
Here at Mississauga Fine Arts Academy, we love meeting new faces and friends that are just as passionate about music as we are! That’s why we like doing referral contests to give back to the students that share the word about our academy. This month we had a draw for four tickets to Wonderland, and Harleena was our lucky winner! She brought her friend Tanishi to the school and we are so happy to have both of them here. Even more exciting, Harleena was previously one of our features for Student of the Month!
Congratulations Harleena, and we hope you have an amazing time at Wonderland and that both you and Tanishi have fun practicing music together!
Student of The Month
This month, we asked Savic about one of his star students and he told us all about Trevor! Trevor is 13 years old and plays the flute with us!We asked Trevor a few questions about himself and this is what he told us:What instrument do you play?: Flute
How long have you been taking lessons? 5 months
What’s your favourite song to play? Romany Song
What is your favourite food? French Fries
What is your favourite thing you learned in class recently? Playing music and Savic’s jokes
What is your favourite colour? White
We asked Savic about his lessons with Trevor, and this is what he told us:
“Trevor comes in every week with a good attitude. He works hard, asks good questions, and always does an excellent job on any assignments he’s given. In 6 short months Trevor has made a year’s worth of progress on the flute”
Congratulations on your achievement Trevor, and we can’t wait to see what else you’ll have in store for us!
Musical Ladder Achievements
Yahia Drum Lessons with Luke J.
Shannon Piano Lessons with Vira B; Lauren Piano Lessons with Jerry Z
Xyrelle Vocal lessons with Sam M
Ruban Guitar Lessons with Bernardo
New Referral Contest
Refer your friend to the Mississauga Fine Arts Academy between July 15 – October 15, 2019.
If one of your friend sings up for lessons:
• You will get your choice of $25 Amazon Card or $25 Movie Card.
• Your friend will get a FREE $25 registration
• You and your friend will be entered in our draw to win 4 tickets combo to Ripley’s Aquarium plusRipley’s Believe It or Not!
You don’t have to be a School student to enter the contest!
Thank You for Your Referrals!
A BIG THANK YOU to several individuals, for referring their friends to Mississauga Fine Arts Academy! It’s wonderful to have such strong supporters who spread the word about MFAA in the Mississauga community! We’d like to give a special shout out to the
Walton Family, Kundu Family, Ghosh Family, Sito Family, Chen Family, Drece Family, and Saha Family
Welcome New Students
Ziyun (Eva) T
Li (Simon) C
Is Your Teacher Fully Booked?
Many teachers are fully booked. If you need a schedule change or would like to be added to a waiting list for a particular teacher, day or time, please contact us and we can add you to the waiting list. There are still limited lesson spots available.
To inquire about openings send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 905-276-0521.